The entire culture of our organizations can be summed up in this statement; what is rewarded is repeated. For your consideration (during MLB playoff time!)...here's a list of some heavy hitters to encourage & support with your leadership behavior!
1. Earn people's trust; provide evidence every day of how you are trustworthy
2. Understand everyone has a life; work & life aren't separate, work is a part of a meaningful life
3. Listen, then act; diverse viewpoints are healthier, more interesting & more conducive to success
4. Help people find purpose in their work; connecting passion to profession leads to a stronger sense of "why" the work matters
5. Celebrate small wins; multiplying the joys in life is one of the benefits of being a team member, make recognition an abundant resource
6. Be upfront about your quirks & what it's like to work with you; having self-awareness & articulating difference are key skills to stepping into personal integrity
7. Help build the team; it matters less about who is on the team & more about how the team works together
8. Invest time in others; when anyone on the team gets better the whole team improves
9. Let go so others can go; the more you focus on your own strengths the more opportunity it provides others to focus on theirs
10. Help others start off on the right foot; work on a success plan with them through clear communication
11. Solve problems with one another; together is better to guide toward the best decisions, ask how you can help
What's rewarded will be repeated & what's repeated becomes habit!