The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) recently posted a notice that they are taking stakeholder input to help inform and set priorities for $40 million of grant funding for research, education and extension around urban agriculture, indoor agriculture and emerging agriculture.
To respond to NIFA with aggregated and organized comments, the Western Center for Metropolitan Extension and Research (WCMER), National Urban Extension Leaders (NUEL), and a number of local Farm Bureau chapters located in urban counties from across the country are partnering to host four online, interactive stakeholder listening sessions (see below for details and registration).
To gather broad sector input for the response, WCMER is collecting input through:
- an on-line survey and
- will be hosting four on-line listening sessions (see below for details on how to register and attend)
Listening Sessions: WCMER member institution Michigan State University’s National Charrette Institute has designed and will provide facilitation for the on-line listening sessions. The sessions will be conducted as follows:
- Thursday, May 28 from 2-4 pm EST, 1-3 pm CST, 12-2 pm MST, 11 am-1pm PST
Registration Link: https://msu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0lfu6hrD8uHtYzm0UxDYIC3v6Dg0yUjHgW
- Thursday, May 28 from 7-9 pm EST, 6-8 pm CST, 5-7 pm MST, 4-6 pm PST
Registration Link: https://msu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUldOqrqjgrHtUuyo1zmS1KAiwyvUQFk7NF
- Friday, May 29 from 10 am-12 pm EST, 9-11 am CST, 8-10 am MST, 7- 9 am PST
Registration Link: https://msu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIocuqurD8vH9JRiHkDDl1kL1tepfCtEWXp
- Friday, May 29 from 2-4 pm EST, 1-3 pm CST, 12 pm-2 pm MST, 11 am-1 pm PST
Registration Link: https://msu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMuf-6pqTkjHtTGkaXRLY9GR17nocRrh_bT
More information available here: https://metroextension.wsu.edu/urbanag/
Learn about the Western Center for Metropolitan Extension and Research here: https://metroextension.wsu.edu/