About This Webinar:
Are you working with a service member or military family that may be transitioning from service? The VA Solid Start program is designed to assist service members in helping build a solid foundation for individuals by connecting them with direct benefits, resources through partner organizations, and navigating new challenges that may come with transitioning to civilian life. This webinar provides an overview of the VA Solid Start program, a key outreach effort that is focused on successfully connecting recently separated Veterans with the benefits and services they have earned due to their military services.
After completing this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Explain the purpose of the VA Solid Start (VASS) program.
- Understand the methods of contact and frequency of contact utilized by VASS.
- Locate resources and information about VASS.
Regina Yount, Program Manager, Veterans Benefits Administration, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Continuing Education (CE) Credit:
- Social Work, LPC, LMFT: Programming approval for 1.0 CE credits will be obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, MI, NY, ND, OH, OK
- Case Manager: This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with 1.0 clock hours.
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been pre-approved by The Patient Advocate Certification Board to provide continuing education credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The course has been approved for a total of 1.0 CE contact hour, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLE): This program has been approved by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) for 1.0 CE credit for CFLE.
- Certificates of Attendance are available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.