ABOUT THIS WEBINAR:
This session will provide an introduction to the juvenile justice system and the juvenile court. Information regarding processing juvenile cases, court hearings, roles and responsibilities, adolescent brain science, restoration and rehabilitation for juveniles, and diversion programming for youth will be presented. The unique challenges of military-connected youth who enter the juvenile justice system will also be addressed.
By the end of this webinar presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and responsibilities of the juvenile justice system.
- Discuss the connection between the adolescent brain and court responses.
- Identify the unique challenges of military-connected youth who enter the justice system.
Cheri Ely, M.A., LSW, NCJFCJ – Program Director for Juvenile Justice with the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
Honorable John Romero (ret.) – Chair, NCJFCJ Military Committee
CONTINUING EDUCATION (CE) CREDIT:
MFLN Family Development will apply for the following Continuing Education (CE) credits:
- Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: Programming approval for CE credits will be obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists from the UT Austin Steve Hicks School of Social Work.
- Certified Family Life Educators (CFLEs): This webinar will offer Contact Hours from the National Council on Family Relations to CFLE’s.
- Case Managers: This program will be submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board-certified case managers with clock hours.
- Certificates of completion will also be available for providers interested in documenting their training activities.
Please revisit this page after the live webinar for updated information on the above CE credits. For questions about continuing education opportunities, email MFLN FD at firstname.lastname@example.org.