March 9th & 11th, 2021
eXtension Foundation Members Can Register Here
Become an Innovation Facilitator
Are you someone who is always looking for new ways to improve? Do you like adopting innovative ideas and helping others along the way? Would you like to be a leader that helps teams design cutting edge programs/projects that make real impact? If so, please consider joining our Innovation Facilitator team!
Our Innovation Facilitator training provides you with a new way of looking at innovation. Once trained, you are an invaluable asset in helping teams develop projects or programs more quickly, and connect them with national resources. You will use our innovation incubator process to bring fresh ideas aligned with institutional goals to every team you work with.
Today, there are 151 Innovation Facilitators across Cooperative Extension working to synergize innovative efforts in their own states, institutions, and supporting regional & national teams.
Who Should Participate?
We recommend Extension Directors and Administrators select individuals with these qualities:
- Individuals with program leadership experience
- Individuals who work effectively with your leadership team
- Individuals who possess strong confidence in facilitation
- Individuals who are effective in working alongside leadership teams and program leaders to catalyze innovation across the organization
Innovation Facilitator Prerequisite
- Complete an Innovation Skill Building Experience (ISBE) Workshop prior to the Innovation Facilitator Training
- Eligible Innovation Skill Building Experience (ISBE) workshops include:
- August 2020 ISBE workshop
- October/November 1890s Extension Leadership Academy ISBE workshop
- January/February 2021 ISBE Workshop
- April/May 2021 ISBE Workshop
- July/August 2021 Workshop
- October/November ISBE Workshop
- Complete all pre-work and homework for the ISBE workshop
- Currently employed by a current eXtension member institution
Innovation Facilitators Expectations
- Openly share your new skills with peers in your state and beyond
- Volunteer to facilitate and/or coach an eXtension Impact Collaborative and other eXtension events
- Join the national network of Innovation Facilitators by attending regularly scheduled meetings, ongoing professional development opportunities, and through the Innovation Facilitator group in Connect Extension.
- Be part of the collaborative effort to improve and iterate the Impact Collaborative by sharing experiences and ideas.