CPEUs for RDNs are no longer available for this event.
Confused about how to choose healthy foods when you eat out?
What does the restaurant label mean?Are you confused about the current FDA menu labeling regulation? Do they apply to your facility? How can your patients' use the menu labeling to help make healthier food choices?
OBJECTIVES: After this webinar, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe the basic tenants of FDA’s menu labeling legislation.
2. List at least 3 new insights about eating away from home (and its impact on dietary intake and health outcomes).
3. Apply new ideas and resources (including calories on the menu) to help consumers make better choices when eating outside the home.
1.0 CPEU approved for Registered Dietitians
HOW TO JOIN THE WEBINAR: To connect to this webinar, it is strongly suggested that you use Google Chrome for both PC and Mac connections. If this is not an option, Internet Explorer may be used if connecting via PC. Safari and Firefox have not been successful in accessing this webinar platform.
- If you do not have a CAC, login as a guest.
- For CAC holders only: select your email security certificate, proceed through the DoD warning and join the conference. This allows you to enter as an authenticated user.
- Allow Adobe Flash Player to access your computer
- If you experience difficulty, please refer to our troubleshooting page.
For those who cannot connect to the DCS site, an alternative viewing of this webinar will be running on Ustream. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/milfamln
Cheryl Dolven, MS, RDN is a registered dietitian with over 15 years in corporate dietetics, including experience in packaged foods, retail, and restaurants. In her most recent role, Cheryl managed the nutrition analysis program and provided strategic direction and nutrition expertise to Darden Restaurants, influencing the nutritional value of foods served to over 400 million guests in over 2000 restaurants each year. Cheryl also worked as a corporate dietitian for two large supermarkets and served as the Director of Nutrition Marketing for the Kellogg Company. She has engaged in over 500 media interviews, delivered hundreds of community and professional presentations, created a nutrition education curriculum for kids and launched a nutrition website for consumers. Cheryl’s passion and leadership was recently recognized by FSR Magazine when named one of “40 rising stars under 40” in 2014. She is passionate about making menu labeling manageable for businesses and meaningful for consumers.
Cover Image from Flickr Creative Commons, Penn State, Restaurant Nutrition Label, taken April 1, 2014