The National Agricultural Library has an opening for a GS12 Technical Information Specialist (Nutrition). This position is a remote position. The selectee is not required to report to a government office, however, the option to work in one of the Agency offices may be available. You can view USDA’s telework FAQs here Telework and Remote Work FAQs | USDA.
This vacancy announcement closes 03/31/2023.
In this position, you will provide nutrition information services and ensure information shared with the public is appropriate, timely and accurate.
- As a specialist in the area of nutrition, collaborates with functional programs, including identification, analysis, publication, outreach, and document delivery of pertinent materials.
- Anticipates future developments, analyzes, and proposes new ways to present food and nutrition information for target audiences.
- Participates in the development and management of the library collection in the specialized fields relating to food and human nutrition.
- Researches, identifies, evaluates, and disseminates relevant information resources and link these resources to nutrition websites.
- Directs and supports content management for publication feeds tracking nutrition research developments.
- For this position, specialized experience is experience planning, evaluating, and implementing a nutrition program and web development strategy; developing and providing food or nutrition information to the public via web or social media; and supporting research development in nutrition for a library.