The Extension Foundation is Hiring a Grant Author/Editor! August 1, 2022 Application Deadline
ELIGIBILITY: U.S. Based Grant Writer or firm that provides grant writing and grant coaching support to project teams.
APPLICATION: The deadline for receipt of your grant writing consulting/support proposal is August 1, 2022. A proposal and a resume should be submitted here: https://registry.extension.org/221955446654060
Extension Foundation, founded in 2006, is a 100% virtual, member-based network supporting approximately 32,000 Extension professionals at 112 Land-Grant Universities. The Extension Foundation is part of the Cooperative Extension System (CES), which encompasses all U.S. states and territories. Extension Foundation is a national organization and operates as a multi-state entity: we are incorporated in Missouri. Given the broad geographic distribution of our staff and Board of Directors, we are a virtual organization highly reliant on video conferencing and other tools for collaboration in addition to email. All staff and contractors work remotely from home.
The Grant Author/Editor position will work with the Extension Partnership and Development team and program development teams on various types of grant opportunities. The Foundation works with multiple Universities/Colleges on various RFAs, grant concept notes, and proposals, including a breadth of topical areas.
Services Desired: Seeking support for writing and editing grant proposals and working with grant development teams. Skills are expected in the following areas:
- Ability to support teams in their development of a proposal narrative based on already completed design documents through the reading and editing of proposals. (Design requirements, strategy scenario, Content Outlines, Action checklists, Initial Budget Elements, and Costs are developed by the grant strategy team.)
- Synthesize inputs from grant team members for incorporation into the grant narrative to provide clarity, consistency, and context to make the grant easily read and understood.
- Ensure the grant proposal adheres to application instructions as outlined in grant RFAs and the internally-provided design documents..
- Fully review and edit for narrative quality, content completion, alignment with provided design documents and RFA requirements, formatting, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with grant development teams.
- Work with grant strategists and grant development specialists to create successful grant proposals.
For additional information, questions, or clarifications, please contact email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed after the due date of August 1, 2022
This contract will report to the Grants Development Specialist. This is a part-time contract role.