The University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) seeks a dynamic and innovative professional to provide statewide support and coordination for the University of Georgia Extension program development functions. This is a full-time non-tenure track faculty appointment at the rank of Academic Professional or Public Service Associate home-based in Athens, Georgia. There is potential to be co-housed in a County Extension Office for part of the work week. This position supports more than 1000 full-time and part-time faculty and staff members across Georgia and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Extension Program Development process and developing a robust training system for the entire organization. Occasional evening and weekend duties are expected. See the full position description and apply here.
The position reports to the Director for the Office of Learning and Organizational Development. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership, direction and vision to Extension Foundations II training for new faculty in partnership with Program Development Coordinators and the Extension Staff and Organizational Development Specialist.
- Provide consistent programming guidance, leadership, and training in collaboration with the Program Development Coordinators on all aspects of program development.
- Collaborates with CAES Accountability and reporting office, CAES Office of Information Technology and CAES Office of Learning and Organizational Development to develop and manage organizational data systems that support individual professional development plans through the Extension Training System and GaCounts reporting system.
- Responsible for management of program planning cycle and organizational calendars.
- Identify and foster competencies for program development.
- Serve as an academic resource for state and district administration to support needs of the county delivery system.
- Maintain expertise through personal professional development and scholarship.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge through scholarly work.
- Support program development functions of the office (i.e., GaCounts, CAES Impact Statements, and mandated reporting)
- Support Extension Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts.
- Support additional organizational development activities such as strategic planning as assigned.