Last week, we had the opportunity to sit down with a wonderful team that has been working as one of eXtension's New Technologies for Ag Extension (NTAE) projects for 2019-2020. The Weather Ready Farms program comes from Nebraska Extension and as an NTAE project, it received direct support from a third-party marketing firm specializing in agriculture to conduct market research into the target audience and create a marketing & communication plan.
Our webinar last week included:
- Ashley Mueller, Disaster Education Coordinator, Nebraska Extension
- Michael Bergland-Riese, Communication Coordinator, Nebraska Extension
- Hans Schmitz, County Extension Director, Purdue University
- Scott Reed, eXtension Catalyst Team Member
The team provided an overview of their findings of the market research, how its being used to further this project, how the surveys were conducted, and the experience of working with an outside firm to conduct market research for an Extension program. If you didn't get a chance to join us, you can find a recording of the webinar here.
The marketing firm working with the Weather Ready Farms team is EG Integrated in partnership with the Wiese Research Group, both located in Nebraska. We were fortunate that Bill Ervin (EG Integrated) and John Latta (Wiese Research Group) were able to join us in the webinar to discuss their market research methods, the audience, and the process involved with conducting the research for this project.
A few participants had asked for their contact information in the Q&A so I wanted to provide that below:
- Bill Ervin, Principal, Creative Director - email@example.com
- John Latta, Project Manager, Wiese Research Group, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you'd like to learn more about the Weather Ready Farms project, we invite you to join their subgroup here in Connect Extension AND check out their eFieldbook - Resilient Agriculture: Weather Ready Farms.