The 1890 Extension Leadership Academy is seeking a current 1890 Region Cooperative Extension professional who desires program administration experience to assist the leadership academy staff. Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years in their current role and experience working with diverse teams. The successful Assistant will demonstrate existing knowledge in organizing and managing virtual meetings, communication and program delivery. The primary goal of this assistantship is to help the leadership academy staff from Fort Valley State University, Kentucky State University, Lincoln University & the Extension Foundation in order to increase the capacity of 1890s professionals.
Scope of Work
- Compose effective communication for staff, Facilitator/coaches, guest speakers & cohort participants
- Organizing/updating cohort participant roster, assessments & evaluations, shipping/receiving
- Technological savvy to utilize Google or Microsoft Office suite, Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
- Compile and provide data on previous cohorts to be included in grant applications
- Assist in preparing reports for Extension Foundation, 1890 Extension Administrators, and staff.
- Additional duties as needed
Time Period & Funding
Support for this virtual assistantship is a flat $8,000 for a period of 5 months beginning as early as November 1, 2021. A commitment of between 10-20% of time is proposed. Each candidate must demonstrate full support from their respective University Administrator.
To apply for the position please submit a cover letter and CV to Mr. Terrence Wolfork at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2021.
If you have additional questions about the 1890s Extension Leadership Academy Assistantship, please contact: Karl Bradley at KarlBradley@extension.org.