The National Institutes of Health, the nation's medical research agency and the world's largest source of funding for medical research, is soliciting applications as part of Community Partnerships to Advance Science for Society (ComPASS) Program's Community-Led, Health Equity Structural Intervention Initiative. The Research Opportunity Announcement (ROA): Community-Led, Health Equity Structural Intervention (CHESI) Initiative (OTA-22-007) will support the development, implementation, assessment, and dissemination of community-led, health equitystructural interventions, co-created in partnership with research organizations, that intervene upon structural factors that produce and perpetuate health disparities. Applicants are required to submit a letter of intent by November 18th, 2022, 11:59 PM ET. Applicants will be selected from the LOIs to submit full applications, which will be due by January 23rd, 2023.
- Who is eligible?
- Applicants must be community organizations (non-profits with and without 501(C)(3) IRS Status) defined as a non-Federal, non-academic or non-research organization that provides goods, services, support, resources, or advocacy to members of a defined community. (See "Eligibility" section in the ROA and abstracted below in this email*)
- Do I need a research partner?
- Additionally, applicants must propose at least one potential research organization/research investigator, who has agreed to support and participate in the community organization's full application. The research organization(s)/research investigator(s) can be academic or non-academic institutions.
- What is the deadline?
- A letter of intent (LOI) is required and due by November 18th, 2022, 11:59 PM ET. Email LOIs to Dr. Yvonne Owens Ferguson at CFComPASS@od.nih.gov
- LOIs will be used to select those invited to submit full applications, which will be submitted through the NIH Application Submission System & Interface for Submission Tracking (ASSIST) system by January 23, 2023.
- How do I get technical assistance from NIH?
- NIH staff will hold technical assistance webinars for the required letter of intent (LOI) on October 11th at 2 PM-3 PM ET. Registration is required.
- Register here: bit.ly/compass-roa-webinar
- To help prepare a LOI for this ROA, applicants are encouraged to watch a pre-recorded technical assistance presentation and view slides. Additionally, answers to Frequently Asked Questions about OTA-22-007 are available on the ComPASS website.
- How can I learn more and stay updated on ComPASS?
Visit https://commonfund.nih.gov/compass for more information about the Common Fund's ComPASS program, and please sign up for the ComPASS listserv to receive announcements about upcoming funding opportunities and additional program information.