The National AgrAbility Project is presenting Veterans Harvest: A Virtual Conference for Veterans in Agriculture this summer. The series will convene for five consecutive Tuesdays beginning July 27 from 1 – 2:30 p.m. ET.
Click here for the registration form by Thursday, July 22. All sessions are free. Those already registered for the 2021 AgrAbility National Training Workshop Virtual Sessions are automatically registered for the veterans’ conference.
The current conference agenda includes the following sessions:
- July 27: Conference introduction by Cindy Chastain, National AgrAbility Project, and Jeanette Lombardo, Farmer Veteran Coalition, plus “One Veteran's Journey from PTSD to Farmer” by Sarah Creech, Blue Yonder Organic Farm and Indiana Farmer Veteran Coalition
- August 3: “Celebrating Veteran Total Farmer Health” by Linda Emanuel and Shay Foulk, AgriSafe Network
- August 10: “Programming for Veterans in Agriculture: How Maine Does It" by Anne Devin, Maine AgrAbility
- August 17: “Update on USDA's support for Veterans” by Bill Ashton, USDA Military Veterans Agricultural Liaison
- August 24: “Panel Presentation on State/Regional Programs for Farmer Veterans” moderated by Cindy Chastain, National AgrAbility Project