CE credit is not available for this webinar.
Beyond school readiness benefits, reading with young children helps them expand their horizons, explore their feelings, conquer their fears, and connect with important adults in their lives.
This one hour web conference will explore:
• effective strategies for getting the most out of reading books in child care settings
• the role that books can play in supporting military children
• the newly developed, searchable Children’s Book Database from the eXtension Alliance for Better Child Care.
No registration is necessary. Just click on the link in the box to the right at the time of the web conference. Enter the "room" as a guest and type in your name. The web conference will be recorded. The recording will be available at the same link approximately 48 hours after the live event. This presentation is the second in the Child Care and Military Families Web Conference Series.
• Jane Lanigan, Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist, Washington State University Vancouver (http://bit.ly/HhgMQb)
• Dan Weigel, Professor and Extension Specialist, University of Nevada Reno (http://bit.ly/H88c9J)
DOWNLOAD the presentation slides/handout: http://bit.ly/JmoTLW
SELECTED ARTICLES AND RESOURCES:
• Real Life Calls for Real Books: Literature to Help Children Cope with Family Stressors http://bit.ly/HhmCm0
• Shared Storybook Reading: General Reading Strategies http://bit.ly/Hg4tUQ
• Children's Books about Family Relationships and Experiences http://bit.ly/Hg4A2N
• The Magic in Books: How to Read with Children http://bit.ly/HeyZAH
READ our interview with Dorinda Williams, Director of ZERO TO THREE's Military Families Projects and author of two children's books for very young military kids, "Over There" and "Home Again." http://bit.ly/JmXUip
CONNECT with our online communities for the latest resources, info and conversations:
LinkedIn group "Early Care & Education and Military Families": http://linkd.in/w75WTz
Twitter: Follow @milchildcare https://twitter.com/MilChildCare