About This Webinar:
Proper planning for the future in the event of a death is an important aspect of financial readiness for military families.
Learn how Personal Finance Managers (PFMs) can support service members and their families in the following estate planning areas:
- Probate and probate avoidance
- Advantages and limitations of wills and trusts
- Estate taxes
- Blended family challenges
- Life insurance beneficiaries
- Transfer on death for vehicles and real property
- Planning for minor children
- Testamentary trusts
- Incapacity Planning
- Estate planning resources
Ms. Benzinger will also take time to answer questions from service providers on this important topic.
Mary M. Benzinger has served as the Senior Legal Assistance Attorney for the U.S. Army at the Pentagon Joint Legal Assistance Office since 2009. She has advised Service members, retirees, and their families on estate planning matters for more than 15 years.
This webinar has been submitted for 1.5 Continuing Education (CE) credits to:
- The Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education (AFCPE) for Accredited Financial Counselors (AFC) and
- The Center for Financial Certifications (FinCert) for Certified Personal Finance Counselors (CPFC)
- Social Work, LPC, LMFT: Programming approval for 1.5 CE credits will be obtained for Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists from the University of Texas at Austin, Steve Hicks School of Social Work. Check with your state licensing agency for reciprocity and/or credit approval if licensed for other professions or in one of the following states: CO, FL, HI, IA, KS, KY, MI, NY, ND, OH, OK
- Case Manager: This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board-certified case managers with 1.5 clock hours.
- Board Certified Patient Advocates: This program has been pre-approved by The Patient Advocate Certification Board to provide continuing education credit to Board Certified Patient Advocates (BCPA). The course has been approved for a total of 1.5 CE contact hours, of which 0.0 are in the area of Ethics.
- Certificates of Attendance are available for providers interested.