SERA-47 Goal: The goal of SERA-47 is to strengthen the southern region extension and research system to support local & regional foods needs and priorities.
Conference Expectations: The virtual annual conference will provide participants with the opportunity to:
- collaborate in multistate extension and research projects, and
- participate as we set vision and strategy for the work of SERA-47.
- Develop a vision for 2021 and set the stage for the new 5-year proposal which will be submitted in 2021.
- Discuss work completed, identify future action plans, and select leadership for each working group.
- Learn what is happening around local and regional foods around the region especially related to the impact of COVID-19, social justice/equity, and food access on local foods work.
- Elect a secretary and identify leadership for the working groups.
Brief Conference Timetable:
- Wednesday, December 9th*: 9 am to 12 Pm-Introduction & Working groups breakout sessions
- Thursday, December 10th*: 10 am to 12 Pm- Professional development- Panel Presentation- COVID 19, Social Justice and Food Systems.
- Friday, December 11th: 9am-12pm-Identify future action plans for each working group; Discuss a 5-year proposal for SERA-47.
*Working group meetings will be scheduled to take place during the afternoon on these days. More information will be provided to conference registrants as plans are finalized.
Please come join us!
- Karen Vines, 2020 Chair, SERA-47 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Virginie Zoumenou, 2020 Vice-Chair & Conference Chair, SERA-47 (email@example.com)
- Marcus Coleman, 2020 Secretary, SERA-47 (MAColeman@agcenter.lsu.edu)
Southern Rural Development Center
160 Lloyd Ricks Watson | Box 5187 | Mississippi State, MS 39762
Mail Stop: 9755 | Phone: 662-325-0153 | Fax: 662-325-8777 | srdc.msstate.edu