To view the location of the webinar, please register by entering your name and email into the box to the right.
Do your patients manage their diabetes by eating well and being active? Or do they need medication to help control their blood sugar? What medications are the most effective and what is new to the market? Tune in to this webinar to guide you through what is available and most effective to help your patients better control their type 2 diabetes.
1. Understand the current paradigm for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
2. Compare and contrast pros and cons of newer medications for the Treatment of type 2 diabetes.3. Modify a treatment plan correctly and efficiently based on the side effect profiles of newer medications for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Presented by Curtis L. Triplitt, PharmD, CDE
Curtis L. Triplitt, Pharm.D., CDE, is a Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA) where he oversees many diabetes research projects. In addition, he clinically manages people with diabetes with an endocrinologist at the Texas Diabetes Institute.
Dr. Triplitt earned his Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy from the University of Iowa and his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the University of Texas at Austin and the Health Science Center at San Antonio. He completed a primary-care residency at the William S. Middleton Veteran Administration’s Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin.
Dr. Triplitt has published over 40 peer reviewed articles in the diabetes and metabolism field, is an Associate Editor for Diabetes Spectrum, an American Diabetes Association publication, as well as serving on the Editorial Board for AADE in practice. In addition, Dr. Triplitt is currently the Vice-Chair of the Texas Diabetes Council (TDC), which is legislatively mandated to develop and implement a state plan for diabetes prevention, treatment, education, and training.1.0 hour CPEU approved for Registered Dietitians
How to join the Webinar:
*To connect to this webinar, it is strongly suggested that you use Google Chrome for both PC and Mac connections. If this is not an option, Internet Explorer may be used if connecting via PC. Safari and Firefox have not been successful in accessing this webinar platform.
- Minimum Adobe Flash Player version 11.2
- Minimum Java version 8.49
- If you do not have a CAC, login as a guest.
- For CAC holders only: select your email security certificate, proceed through the DoD warning and join the conference. This allows you to enter as an authenticated user.
- Allow Adobe Flash Player to access your computer
- Please allow time for the moderator to grant you access to the room
- If you become stuck at the “connecting to the server” page, refresh your page
For those who cannot connect to the Adobe site, an alternative viewing of this webinar will be running on Ustream. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/milfamln
Curtis L. Triplitt, PharmD, BCPS, CDE
Department of Medicine
Division of Diabetes
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Texas Diabetes Institute
San Antonio, Texas
The Cover Image "Testing Begins" by K.Latham for this webinar is licensed NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0)