Join Families, Food and Fitness Tuesday, July 19, 10:30 AM Central (11:30 AM ET, 9:30 AM MT, 8:30 AM PT) as Alice Henneman, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, presents on MyPlate.
A behind-the-scenes story about the creation of a PowerPoint on MyPlate by Alice Henneman, MS, RD and what she learned during the development and review process. You'll also learn how Alice promoted the PowerPoint so it is the top selection when googling "MyPlate PowerPoint."
As a result of the promotion, during a 4 week period, it has been viewed approximately 5,500 times on slideshare.net, embedded on several other websites, "liked" about 70 times on Facebook, and a topic of conversation on linkedin.com
You'll gain insights about such points as:
- preferred terminologies
- key points to stress
- what people liked and didn't like in slides
- "nutrient-dense" vs. "nutrient-rich"
- changes in recommendations of which you may not be aware
- "whole-grain" vs. "fiber"
- promoting "beans and peas"
- formatting slides
- types of pictures to be aware of including on slides
- feedback from end-users after the PowerPoint was placed on the web
- effective methods of promotion using various social media
MyPlate was adopted in June 2011 as the new guideline for eating a balanced diet. Its focus is on balancing calories, increasing fruit and vegetable consumption and reducing sodium and sugar consumption.
Directions for joining the Webinar:
1. Click the Iowa State link below to join the webinar
2. Select "Log In as a Guest"
3. Type your name and click "Enter Room"
• Sound will broadcast through your computer speakers. You can ask questions by typing them in the chat box on the left side of the screen.