Presenters: Sarah Baughman, eXtension Evaluation & Research Leader, Virginia Tech and Brigitte Scott, eXtension Military Families Learning Network Evaluation Specialist, Virginia Tech
Social media has quickly become an important tool for Extension professionals to reach new and existing audiences, to increase engagement with clients and to leverage diminishing resources. However, it can be challenging to translate traditional evaluation and reporting emphases, such as engagement and impact, to the social media context. This session will situate social media in the context of program evaluation and present examples of social media evaluation in Extension programming. Dr. Baughman will discuss quantitative methods and tools for incorporating social media as part of a program evaluation. Dr. Scott will discuss the role of qualitative evaluation methods in social media, and provide examples of uses, processes, and implications from her qualitative work within eXtension social media programs.This webinar is sponsored and hosted by the National Association of Extension Program and Staff Development Professionals (NAEPSDP). For more information on NAEPSDP, please visit our website at http://naepsdp.tamu.edu/
To log into the webinar, please follow these instructions:
- Sessions will begin on time, so please try to log on at least 5 to 10 minutes prior to the start time. The sessions will last 1 ½ hours each.
- Participants do not have to pre-register for any of the sessions. You will just need to go to the Adobe Connect link and sign in as a guest. When you sign in, please type your full name (first and last name) and your state.
o This webinar will be using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). Make sure the speakers on your computer are turned up so you can hear the discussion. You will have the opportunity to participate via the chat box.
- Every attempt will be made to recorded each session and the links should be sent out to the participants within 2 weeks after the training. They will also be posted to the NAEPSDP website and on the eXtension Learn website.
- All handouts and PowerPoint presentations will be emailed to webinar participants after the conference. If you did not attend a session live to receive the handouts but would like to receive a copy, please contact Carrie.
- If you have questions, please do not hesitate to email Carrie Stark, Programs Co-Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.