Presented by Fred Springborn, Michigan State University field crops educator and Greg Varner, agronomist, Michigan Dry Bean Commission.
This 1-hour webinar program will consist of an update of current and ongoing work in insect and disease management in Michigan's dry bean industry.
Register for this free program at http://events.anr.msu.edu/event.cfm?folder=fieldcropswebinars2015
This program is part of the Michigan State University Extension Field Crop Webinar Series for 2015:
Monday evenings, February 23rd – March 30th, 2015 Live On-line.
Growers, consultants and agribusiness professionals are invited to participate in a series of six online programs addressing field crop production and pest management on Monday evenings Feb. 23 through March 30, 2015. Participants will learn how to enhance their corn, soybean, small grain and dry bean production systems in the coming season, and have an opportunity to ask questions of MSU agriculture experts. The live webinar presentations will begin at 7 p.m. EST each Monday evening and run until 8 p.m. EST. One MDARD Pesticide Recertification Credit will be available through each webinar for application to one of the following categories: Private Core, Commercial Core or Field Crops. Participants can view the programs independently online free of charge. However, pre-registration is required to access connection information.
- Feb. 23, 2015
- Malting Barley (and hops) production in Michigan - Ashley McFarland and Dr. Rob Sirrine, MSU Extension
- March 2, 2015
- Integrated Management of White Mold - Dr. Martin Chilvers, MSU
- March 9, 2015
- Managing Nitrogen Inputs in Corn and wheat- Dr. Kurt Steinke, MSU
- March 16, 2015
- Dry Bean Insect and Disease Management - Fred Springborn, MSU Extension & Greg Varner, MI Bean Commission
- March 23, 2015
- Overcoming Weed Management Challenges in 2015 - Dr. Christy Sprague, MSU
- March 30, 2015
- Corn Stover Harvest in Michigan: A review of ongoing research - Dennis Pennington, MSU Extension