We all have the intention to communicate clearly and frequently are able to make this happen. However, under stress or “In the Crunch,” most of us revert to less skillful styles of making our point. It can be helpful to recognize these styles which present obstacles to communicating and to target specific skills which pave the way for better understanding of the other person’s world. Whether with clients, family members and friends, or work colleagues, conscious choices of how we talk and listen can help …
This interactive webinar will provide opportunities to discover how our personal “agendas” repeatedly interfere with effective communication and offer a RECIPE for more effective and efficient communication.
Compromise and cooperation
Webinar participants will be able to:
- Identify 3 ineffective agendas which limit communication and undermine relationships.
- Describe 3 practices which open communication possibilities.
- Identify 2 specific ways to improve their communication style under stress.
West Virginia University Extension Specialist in Family & Human Development, retired
Certificate of Completion
The eXtension Military Caregiving concentration will have a certificate of completion available.
For a complete list of our Military Caregiving courses for CE credit go to Extension Online.
- Click here for Extension Online Course Instructions.
How to Join the Webinar
You may connect via the APAN Connect system or Ustream. For tech support for either system, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APAN Connect (direct interaction with presenters and audience)
- To get the URL for the webinar, register in the grey box at the top-right of this page.
- If you cannot access APAN Connect, view via Ustream
- Watch at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/milfamln
- Mobile option for Ustream available for Apple and Android devices.
*The cover photo image "Conversation" by Valery Kenski is free of known copyright restrictions under U.S. copyright law.