Join eXtension National Project Team Community, Local and Regional Food Systems for an open forum focusing on Children in Sustainable Food Systems.
Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. EST
Event is free and open to anyone with an interest in Food Systems.
ASYNCHRONOUS TECHNOLOGY AND YOUTH LEARNING: Using Flipgrid in the age of Covid-19 for 4-H food systems education.
- Bidemi Oladiran, Baltimore City 4-H Youth Development Educator
AGRICULTURE LEARNING CHASSIS: Empowering teachers to integrate Realtime Ag supply chain, career pathways, and critical thinking/exploration at scale through a novel educational approach developed through the Mavin project.
- Kenneth Frank, Foundation Professor of Sociometrics, Michigan State University
- John Severson, Superintendent, and John Kraus, Muskegon Area ISD
- Greg Helmer, Superintendent, Frank Marieta, Principal, and Amy Holubeck, 5th Grade Teacher, Ravenna Middle School
- Colin Ripmaster, Deputy Executive Director, Michigan Association of Secondary School Principal
- Sai Naik, CEO, Mavin Holdings
DESIGNING AND PROGRAMMING HEALTHY OUTDOOR LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS IN CHILDCARE: How childcare outdoor learning environments can be designed to support children’s healthy eating, physical activity and outdoor learning.
- Nilda Cosco, Director of Programs, and Bria Sledge, Early Childhood Program Associate, Natural Learning Initiative, College of Design, NC State University