The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) uses Renewable Identification Numbers (RINs) to track renewable transportation fuels. The RIN system allows EPA to monitor compliance with the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS), a federal program that requires transportation fuels sold in the United States to contain minimum volumes of renewable fuels.
A great article to review prior to the seminar: The Renewable Fuel Standard - Where Do We Go From Here?
Bioenergy Friday Web Seminars provide expert analysis and interpretation of bioenergy and renewable energy topics relevant today. Seminars are presented on the last Friday of each month at 10 am Central time. The live audience can ask questions of presenters. All seminars are recorded and archived for later viewing Click HERE to view past web seminars . Bioenergy Friday Web Seminars are FREE! A computer with an internet connection is the only technology required. Web seminars are announced at http://learn.extension.org.
Who Should Attend: Anyone interested in Bioenergy and renewable energy. Extension Educators, Professors, State Agencies, Federal personnel, Teachers, College Students, Bioenergy industry personnel etc.
How To Connect:
- Begin connecting 5 minutes prior to the start time.
- At the meeting time, copy and paste this URL into your browser to enter the meeting: https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/agenergy/
- You will find a login page. Choose "Enter as a Guest" and submit your name, and business or institution and click "Enter Room."
- The audio portion of the meeting will come through your computer speakers.
- Any time before the meeting you can visit the following URL to confirm your ability to connect: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/testconnect/