This webinar will provide a solid path to wealth accumulation by presenting 20 research-based wealth accumulation factors and online financial planning resources.
Dr. Barbara O'Neill will present this 90-minute webinar on behalf of the Military Families Learning Network. 1.5 CEUs will be available to AFC-credentialed participants. Americans have always been fascinated by millionaires and their ranks have actually been increasing in recent years despite the financial crisis. The “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?” game show and “MegaMillions” lotteries draw big crowds. Most people become wealthy the “old fashioned way,” however, through hard work and regular saving/investing. Webinar participants will learn about the following topics:
- Twenty research-based factors that are associated with wealth accumulation
- The awesome power of compound interest over time
- The impact of lifestyle choices (e.g., health habits) upon personal finances
- Research-based characteristics of millionaires
- Resources for educators and consumers (e.g., online financial calculators)
- If you were unable to attend this web conference but would still like to earn the Continuing Education Credits, you may take a short quiz and earn 80% or higher to receive a Certificate of Completion. For more information on this process, click here: http://www.extension.org/pages/67908/how-to-obtain-continuing-education-units-for-military-families-...
- To evaluate this webinar: https://vte.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3fTZvMT9E74kdMx
How to Join this Webinar:
- To connect to this webinar, which is hosted by DoD, you must install security certificates if you are not on a military installation. Instructions for can be found:http://create.extension.org/sites/default/files/DCODoDCertificateInstallation.pdf . For those who cannot connect to the Adobe site, an alternative viewing of this webinar will be running on Ustream http://www.ustream.tv/channel/milfamln
- Also you can connect to the Adobe webinars using the iPhone, iPad, and Droid apps. Search for DCO Connect in the respective stores.