June 15, 2021, 8:00 AM Central/9:00 AM Eastern
Online at globalagriculturalproductivity.org
Register at https://caseforproductivity.eventbrite.com
Nothing transformed twentieth-century agriculture more than productivity growth. Yet today, some argue that productivity-focused strategies are inherently unsustainable and antithetical to the transformational visions of agriculture outlined in current global dialogues.
In preparation for the UN Food Systems Summit, the Global Agricultural Productivity Initiative at Virginia Tech presents a vision for invigorating food and agricultural systems through productivity growth to meet the needs of a growing world, while addressing the global threats to environmental and human well-being.
The event features perspectives from experts working with large- and small-scale farmers around the world, including:
- Jennifer Billings, Global Agricultural Development Lead, Corteva Agriscience
- Pawan Kumar, Director of Agricultural Development, S.M. Sehgal Foundation (India)
- Stewart Leeth, Vice President of Regulatory Affairs and Chief Sustainability Officer, Smithfield Foods
- Ginya Truitt Nakata, Director of Latin America and the Caribbean, International Potato Center (CIP)
- Mel Ouloch, Regional Director, Sasakawa Africa Association
- Ben Pratt, Senior Vice President of Government and Public Affairs, The Mosaic Company
- Natasha Santos, Vice President of Global Stakeholder Strategy, Bayer Crop Science
- Megan Seibel, Farmer and Director of the VALOR Program, Virginia Tech
- Aaron Wetzel, Vice President, Small Ag & Turf Production Systems, John Deere