The Kansas Association of Community Development Extension Professionals invites you to attend their upcoming series of six one-hour webinars exploring core competencies of diversity, equity and inclusion in Extension work. We are proud to partner with the University of Kansas Center for Community Health and Development to bring you lessons from their Community Toolbox. This offering will focus on lessons from their chapter on “Working Together for Racial Justice and Inclusion.”
Registrants will have be able to attend all six one-hour webinars which will be held on Thursdays from January 28, 2021 – March 4, 2021 at 1 p.m. Central. Recordings of each webinar will be available for review through March. The registration fee is $20.
This professional development opportunity is for any Extension Professional – regardless of your role within the Cooperative Extension System, so feel free to invite your colleagues and officemates. Through this approachable format to strengthening your cultural competence, you’ll gain exposure to new ways of viewing the world, strategies to employ in your Extension work and we’ll engage the connection between the lessons and your work.
Each webinar will cover one or more of the lessons listed below:
• Understanding Culture and Diversity in Building Communities
• Building Relationships with People from Different Cultures
• Healing from the Effects of Internalized Oppression
• Strategies and Activities for Reducing Racial Prejudice and Racism
• Learning to be an Ally for People from Diverse Groups and Backgrounds
• Creating Opportunities for Members of Groups to Identify Their Similarities, Differences, and Assets
• Building Culturally Competent Organizations
• Multicultural Collaboration
• Transforming Conflicts in Diverse Communities
• Understanding Culture, Social Organization and Leadership to Enhance Engagement
• Building Inclusive Communities
Register Here: https://tinyurl.com/y3d5kgfw