Application Deadline: open until filled
Position Type: 1 FTE
Application Link: https://registry.extension.org/240245225299861
The Extension Foundation (EXF) is a well-established non-profit organization providing diverse services to over 100 public universities across the United States. EXF is a membership-based 501(c)(3) non-profit operating foundation formed in 2006 by Extension Directors and Administrators. EXF partners with university-based Cooperative Extension Services to increase their capacity and offers exclusive professional development to its members. EXF has multiple sources of funding, including memberships and multiple federal awards.
The Extension Foundation, as part of the Extension Collaborative on Immunization Teaching & Engagement (EXCITE) seeks an Immunization and Health Partnership Development Specialist who is passionate about advancing health and immunization education through the work of the Cooperative Extension System and its partners. The Immunization and Health Partnership Development Specialist will be key in establishing and managing strategic partnerships with organizations and institutions to support our mission of providing sustainable health and immunization programming across the Cooperative Extension System. The central focus of the work is to assist the EXCITE Program Director in identifying and increasing engagement with key partners including Land-Grant Institutions, National Foundations, Federal partners, and Healthcare Providers. This position is grant-funded through a CDC-NIFA cooperative agreement.
This work will be done with an eye toward strengthening leadership, building awareness, and ensuring the sustainability of health as a durable program thrust of the Cooperative Extension System. The Immunization and Health Partnership Development Specialist will report to the EXCITE Program Director and EXF Partnership Development Coordinator. This position will help identify potential partners, build collaborations, strengthen sustainability and system capacity, and be a key liaison to the Extension Committee on Organization and Policy (ECOP) Health Program Action Team (PAT) projects. This EXCITE Partnership Development role will work extensively with Extension Directors and Administrators, Extension specialists, and outside collaborators such as federal government agencies and philanthropic organizations to develop sustainable partnerships for the EXCITE program.
Job responsibilities include:
- Cultivate opportunities for additional engagement and new partner participation in EXCITE. Connect with 10 potential partners in the first year—liaison with the Program Development team on opportunities and program development.
- Lead proposal development, and partnerships in collaboration with the Extension Foundation Partnership Development Coordinator for identified EXCITE and health projects.
- In collaboration with the EXCITE PD, coordinate the management and reporting of project partnership and development milestones (EXCITE)
- Formulate the development of a partnership plan for achieving project milestones
- Participate in meetings with partners and stakeholders to grow the visibility of EXCITE, the CDC and NIFA partnership, and Cooperative Extension’s health-related work
- Lead partnership and development activities to support ongoing projects and the long-term sustainability of EXCITE and CES health programs.
- Be the prospect meeting organizer, notetaker, and ensure action items are recorded and followed up on.
- Report to EXCITE Project Director and Extension Foundation Partnership Development Coordinator with accountability to the Extension Foundation CEO.
- Bachelor's degree or higher education level
- Experience in higher education or Health-related Partnership and Development strategies and effectiveness
- Generalized working knowledge and passion for the mission of the broad portfolio of health-related work of Cooperative Extension.
- Demonstrated commitment to health equity, addressing contextual determinants of health, and collective action.
- Experience in strategic planning and donor relations, including managing expectations with or of multiple institutional partners.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral required.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work within tight deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also as a team player who will productively and entrepreneurially engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Extension Foundation.
- Familiarity with online collaboration and networking tools. Experience in a virtual, national, or global team environment is preferred.
Remote work requirements (annual reimbursable allowance offered toward meeting these needs):
- PC: Capable of running current Windows or macOS versions; capable of running Zoom.
- Apps: Microsoft Office (2019 or newer) desktop applications. Google G Suite will be provided. Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Connectivity: Broadband internet connection able to support 480p live video
480P (or better) webcam
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Hours: 40 hours/week, non-exempt, benefits-eligible. 100% remote.
Benefits: health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, 403(b) retirement plan