The eXtension Foundation is seeking a tech-savvy, high energy, individual with great problem solving skills to assist our Communications and Engagement Manager with projects, developing creative solutions, communications, analysis and marketing for eXtension Foundation. This contract will assume approximately .3 to .5 fte and will include support for creating and developing communication and marketing pieces, but also in the management of databases and technology platforms to actively engage with eXtension Foundation audiences. The Communications and Engagement Manager will work closely with the Assistant to advise and lead the work. This position reports to the Communications and Engagement Manager with additional accountability to the Chief Operating Officer of the eXtension Foundation.
- Associates Degree in Business, Communications, or Related Field
- Proactive in identifying and adapting new technology tools to solve problems and achieve organizational and system-wide objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Hubspot CRM, email marketing platforms, and social media account management.
- Working knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Ability to work in collaboration with multidisciplinary stakeholders and teams.
Statement of Work for the Contract Effort
The work of the eXtension Communications Assistant will focus on the support of the Communications and Engagement Manager which will focus on the messaging and connections required to lead and manage multiple constituencies. Support for technical writing as well as database management and some analysis will be critical for this role. Position expectations include:
- Taking responsibility for assigned communications tasks, such as regular email marketing updates that originate from the Marketing and Communications department.
- Supporting and assisting in the overall management of Connect Extension including the creation of new content aligned with eXtension Foundation initiatives, services, and offerings.
- Assist with the transition and management of data, contacts, and membership tracking in the Hubspot CRM system
- Assist and support newly developed databases as they come online to manage the Communication and Marketing functions of eXtension.
- Work with Communications and Engagement Manager to support webinars, blog posts, Zoom and professional development of the eXtension Team.
- This position will work remotely. Knowledge and experience with virtual work and computer skills are needed for this position.
- Successful candidates are expected to have their own computer equipment and internet access.
Contract conditions and terms:
This will be a fixed term contract or a land grant university contract/buyout.
Contract Timeline - 1 year - April 1, 2021-March 31, 2022.
The projected timeline for this position is April 1, 2021 through March 30, 2022: (dependent upon project funding)
February 19, 2021 until filled: Accept letters of interest and resumes
April 1, 2021: Start date for eXtension Communications Technology Assistant
Interested persons should apply here: https://form.jotform.com/210495638351155
The application deadline is April 1, 2021. Your letter of interest should describe why you are interested to help in this important work as well as your experience or academic background in the communications and marketing arena.